The BCMSL is an outdoor Soccer League operating year-round. In response to the BC Government RESTART PLAN, the BCMSL will adopt but not limited to the BC RETURN TO SPORT Guidelines when occupying all Municipal, Provincial, Recreational Parks and School Boards outdoor facilities.
As soccer by itself is a low contact sport as it is mainly a passing game (any physical contact usually ends up in a foul), BCMSL will adopt the following New Rules which will be promoted throughout the league to minimize the risk of infection.
- Ensure that any participant/s must inform the team manager/coach prior to attend a game when feeling any symptoms of COVID-19such as fever, chills, cough, shortness of breath, sore throat and painful swallowing, stuffy or runny nose, loss of sense of smell, headache, muscle aches, fatigue and loss of appetite
- Participants will be routinely contacted to inquire about their state of health
- Individual Team with specific schedule (Day, Time, & Field) assigned by the Municipal Parks & Recreations/School Boards/the League will not be allowed to make any changes to the schedule
- Each Team with no more than 30 participants, will occupy their own space on each sideline of the field respectively, while practising social distancing
- Team sharing of beverages (Water Bottles) is not allowed
- As a Rule, “non-contact” will be enforced
- Accolades during and after the game (Handshakes) will not be exercised
- Post game teams Socializing on the field is not allowed
- Dressing Room use (If any) will be restricted as per the social distancing protocol or Municipal recommendations
- Soiled game equipment/uniforms will not be shared
As a responsible organization BCMSL will notify the Health & Safety Authorities if any participant or member/s is identified with the COVID19 virus symptoms.