The BCMSL is an outdoor Soccer League operating year-round. In response to the BC Government & Via Sports BC, Soccer Return To Play (Phase 3), the BCMSL will adopt but not limit itself to the recommended Guidelines when occupying all Municipal, Provincial, Recreational Parks and School Boards outdoor facilities.
- Participant/s from other soccer organization is/are not allowed to participate in BCMSL activities
- Prior to any participation in the BCMSL activities, all registered participants must sign the waiver acknowledging that they have read and agreed to abide by the BCMSL COVID19 protocols as set up below
- Unregistered individual will not be allowed to participate in any BCMSL activities
- Prior to attending a BCMSL activity, all participants must inform the team/club and the League if any member of their household has or experienced any of the Corona Virus symptoms or has travelled outside of Canada in the last 14 days.
- Participant/s must inform the team manager/coach and the League if they have experienced any of the Corona Virus symptoms such as fever, chills, cough, shortness of breath, sore throat and painful swallowing, stuffy or runny nose, loss of sense of smell, headache, muscle aches, fatigue and loss of appetite in the last 14 days
- Participants will be routinely contacted to inquire about their state of health
- Individual Team with specific schedule (Day, Time, & Field) assigned by the Municipal Parks & Recreations/School Boards/the League will not be allowed to make changes to the schedule
- Each Team with no more than 25 participants, will occupy their own space on each sideline of the field respectively, while practising social distancing when not in the field of play
- Team sharing of beverages (Water Bottles) is not allowed
- Throw-ins are not allowed (Handled as an indirect free kick from the sideline)
- Avoid spitting and nose clearing as much as possible
- Accolades during and after the game (Handshakes, high fives, hugging) will not be exercised
- All game balls will be sanitized repeatedly throughout the game
- Post game teams Socializing on the field is not allowed
- Dressing Room use (If any) will be restricted as per the social distancing protocol or Municipal recommendations
- Soiled game equipment/uniforms will not be shared
- All team equipment is to be handled by the designated staff only
- Wearing a mask is mandatory when social distancing is not possible
- Wearing a mask during BCMSL activities is encouraged but not mandatory when social distancing is possible
- Game officiald will be staying within their “Group/Co-hort” as much as possible
As a responsible organization BCMSL will notify the Health & Safety Authorities if any participant or member/s of their household is identified with the Corona Virus symptoms.