BCMSL RULES & POLICIES
BCMSL for fairness, shall be administered through a steering committee consisting of 5 appointed members from the league registered teams, the league referees’ coordinator and the league scheduler.
The President / Owner of the league
- Has the right to nominate/appoint/remove a Vice President (Non- Voting) and any non-elected member or members to the steering committee as needed.
- Shall preside over all BCMSL meetings unless otherwise delegated.
- Has the right to approve or veto any recommendation made by the steering committee.
- Is solely responsible for all financial matters of BCMSL.
- Is the sole signing authority for BCMSL.
- Is the representative of BCMSL, unless otherwise delegated
- Is solely responsible for all external correspondence unless otherwise delegated.
THE STEERING COMMITTEE
The steering committee’s role is to promote, expand and manage the BCMSL Vision, Code of Conduct and Policies.
The Steering Committee shall:
- Consist of 7 members, 5 appointed volunteer members from the league, the referees’ coordinator, and the scheduler.
- Achieve consensus through a majority vote
- Alternate members of the steering committee shall be appointed by the President / Owner for the purpose of a quorum
- A quorum is required for each meeting to be consolidated (no less than 3 appointed members)
- Meetings will be scheduled as needed
- All team fees must be paid by the deadline set up by the League.
- Any payment made after the deadline will be assess an additional fee for administration purposes.
- Team playing year-round will be assessed a single fee for the Winter and Summer Seasons
- Team playing either Winter or Summer only will be assessed the Season fee.
All players must be in the age group of their Division on the day the game is played except for the grandfathering clause below. There are to be no exceptions to this rule in all season’s games.
An exemption may be made in the case of a “TEAM” that wants to move up an age group. Players who are not yet the correct age for the new age group may be “grandfathered”.
All players registered in the previous season are eligible to move up to the next age group, subject to the following variances if they have not reached the prerequisite age.
Over 40’s – not applicable
Over 50’s, Over 55’s, Over 60’s
2 years as of the date of the new season start
New players (that is, players who were not registered for the team in the previous season) must conform to the regular age restrictions
- Since there are a few teams in the age category, if a team is moving up from the over 60’s the grandfathering clause is waived for the Team’s registered players as long as the players are no more than 5 years younger.
- New players will conform to the applicable grandfathering clause above.
TEAM MANAGER’S & ASISTANT MANAGER’S RESPONSIBILITIES
Managers / Assistant Managers shall:
- Be responsible for their team
- Make team members aware of the Rules & Regulations of the league
- Exercise control of their players during a game in and outside the field of play.
- Be the team representative when dealing with the BCMSL on all matters.
- Be responsible to enforce disciplinary action such as player’s suspension taken by BCMSL.
- Ensure that the team has a change of uniform in case of colour clash.
- Ensure that a linesperson is available at all time during the game and that the linesperson exchange side at halftime.
- Be responsible for ensuring that all players are registered
- Be responsible for producing acceptable ID for their players upon request by the referee or the opposing team.
- Be responsible for providing the name of a player upon request by the referee
The Referees’ Coordinator:
- Is responsible for providing game officials for all scheduled games
- Is responsible for notifying the game officials of players suspensions
- Must ensure that all referees are qualified to the satisfaction of the league
- Is the sole controller of the game in the absence of linespersons
- Must verify the eligibility of players upon the request of either participating team
- Must ensure that all players in the field of play are wearing protective shinguards.
- Must submit a game report including the match result (Team Scores) and any incidents including disciplinary cards within 24 hours.
- At the referee’s discretion, will immediately stop a game in case of a player appears to be injured
- Must complete and submit an incident report in case of an incident during a game, inside or outside the field of play
- Must be paid the full game fee if a game is started later than 10 minutes past the scheduled time, the referee is not obligated to play the full 90 minutes (Referee’s Discretion).
- Will not be paid in case of unplayable field due to last minute bad weather
- A game may start up to 10 minutes past the scheduled time if either team is awaiting for the minimum number of players (9 players) or if the field is not playable for any reason and will still be played the full duration.
- Complaint about a game officiating will only be considered in a written submission
- Must complete the online report after each game within 24hrs.
BCMSL endorse the F.I.F.A. rules except for the following amendments:
Player Personal Attire
- All players in the field of play must wear shinguards
- All players in the field of play must remove all jewellery
Sliding and Tackling
- No Slide Tackling is permitted
- Sliding is permitted by a Goalkeeper for a save
- Sliding is permitted by a player to save a ball without an opponent contest
- (At the referee’s discretion), the referee will immediately stop a game if a player appears to be injured
- The referee will immediately stop a game if a player appears to be critically injured
and outside assistance is required.
- Substitutions are allowed at anytime on a dead ball situation as per FIFA rules
- Over 40’s substitution is not allowed when a player is ejected for a Red Card.
- Over 50’s, 55’s, 60’s and 65’s Substitution is allowed when a player is ejected from the game for a justified foul or misconduct
- Fair Play – Over 50’s, 55’s, 60’s and 65’s Substitution is not allowed when players from both teams are ejected from a game for a Red Card and one of the teams does not have a substitute. The game must carry on with an equal number of players from both team.
A game can only be annulled for the following valid reason:
- Field closure as per the Parks & Recreations and School Boards
- Field is not playable as per both teams’ and the referee’s assessments
- One of the participating teams is unable to have a team complement (At least 9 Players). Teams unable to field a side repeatedly within a season may be removed from the league.
- A team initiating a game cancellation must notify the opposing team, the League and the Referee Coordinator 48 hours in advance of the Kickoff time.
- If a cancellation notice falls within the last 48 hours prior to the game’s Kickoff time, a fine will be assessed to the team initiating the cancellation
DISCIPLINARY RULES & PROCEDURES
- The disciplinary committee shall:
- Consist of no less than 3 members
- appoint one of their members as a secretary for the purpose of correspondence
- review all disciplinary reports within 7 days of reception of all document
- review all disciplinary appeals within 7 days of reception of all documents submitted.
- apply any sanction, if applicable, or dismissal once the review has been completed
- after review, shall forward their final assessment to the individual or parties involved in writing within the time limit.
- The President / Owner shall appoint / volunteer, three (3) or more members from the league to the disciplinary committee.
- Each disciplinary matter will be reviewed by a group of three (3) members of the disciplinary committee together with the Referees; Coordinator. (The Referees; Coordinator is included to advise the committee but does not vote in the adjudication.
- A disciplinary committee member must recluse themself from any disciplinary review if the player in question is a member on the member’s team or club and/or if the incident occurred in a game including the member’s team.
- Final assessments of the committee are not appealable.
- The Referees’ Coordinator will be notified by the Disciplinary Committee of any suspended player
- Team caught on the offence of playing a suspended player will be fined / suspended
- Team caught on the repeated offence of playing a suspended player will be fined and suspended.
- A player has the right to appeal a suspension to the Disciplinary Committee
- A response to the player’s appeal will be rendered within 7 days of the appeal.
- A player will automatically sit out his next game if the appeal is delayed due to insufficient information while his appeal is under review.
- All yellow cards are recorded
- Accumulation of four (4) yellow cards in a season will command a 1 game suspension (The Next Game), after the fourth (4) yellow card is issued
- Two (2) yellow cards in a game command a red card and a one game suspension (The Next Game)
- Slide Tackling (At the referee’s discretion) will command at a minimum, a Yellow Card
- A Yellow Card (At the referee’s discretion) will be issued for a cooling off period of 10 minutes for the following infractions:
- Tendency to rough play
- Persistent verbal, harassment of opponents or fellow team member
- Verbal abuse or indecent gesture towards the referee will command at a minimum a Yellow Card
- Charging of the Goalkeeper
- Managers / Assistant Managers using persistent verbal abuse and or indecent gesture towards the referee will command at a minimum a Yellow Card
- All Red Cards are recorded
- A player receiving a red card is automatically suspended for the next game unless cleared by the disciplinary Committee
- A player receiving two (2) Red Cards in a season will automatically be suspended for 3 games after the second red card is issued unless cleared by the Disciplinary Committee
- A red card will be issued to a player who has been ejected from the game with persistent criticism and disputing of referee’s calls will be assessed a two (2) games suspension
- A second (2) red card will be issued to a player who has been ejected from the game with repeated persistent criticism and disputing of referee’s calls in a season will be assessed a four (4) games suspension
- A third (3) red card will be issued to a player who has been ejected from the game with repeated persistent criticism and disputing of referee’s calls in a season will be assessed an indefinite suspension
- A player receiving three (3) Red Cards in a season will automatically be suspended indefinitely after the third red card is issued unless cleared by the Disciplinary Committee
- A red card is issued for any physical altercation including but not limited to kicking, punching, fighting, head-butting, grappling or inciting fighting with a MINIMUM of three (3) games suspension.
A red card is issued for:
- Intentional kicking of an opponent with a three (3) games suspension
- Punching with a three (3) games suspension
- Fighting with a three (3) games suspension
- Tackling an opponent with intent to injure with a MINIMUM of three (3) games suspension
- Spitting on the opponent or teammate with a MINIMUM of five (5) games suspension
- Head-Butting of an opponent or teammate with a MINIMUM of three (3) games suspension
PARKS & SCHOOL BOARDS POLICIES
BCMSL endorses the Parks & School Boards policies such as:
- Field Closure
- “Zero Alcohol Tolerance”
- Use of foul Language
- Indiscrete Urinating
- Use of illegal Substances
If the use of a Parks / School Boards field is withdrawn due to the violation of the Parks / School Boards Policies, the team responsible for the violation will be suspended.
- Forms are available on the BCMSL web page
- Regardless of the nature must be completed and submitted within 48 hours of the completion of a game.
- Submissions must be in writing and forwarded in due time
- Will be investigated, and a response will be forwarded to the complainant within 7 days of the date of submission
All Incident Reports:
- must be completed individually by the referee, and both teams
- must be completed and submitted to the Disciplinary Committee within 48 hours after the game.
In the event you witness or experience threatening or inappropriate behavior by any individual, please
report the incident immediately to the team manager or the league so that appropriate action can be taken.
DIVISION WINNER REGOGNITION
The League has decided as of this new Season (2019 – 2020) to award token Trophies to the division winners.
The concept is to have a weekend long festivity where all the teams can get together, family included for some fun and have a playoff to decide the winners.
The playoff will be contested among the top 4 teams of the division
The following rules and system will apply for the division:
- A Standing Chart for the division
- The Chart will be updated weekly
The Chart will consist of the following as per below (Sample):
The scores and the goals difference will be tallied but not published unless the 4 top teams are on equal points at the end of the season.
There will be a special trophy for the Top Scorer and the goals from each team will be tallied and the winner will only be revealed at the playoff.
- The point system will consist of the following:
- 3 Points for a win
- 1 point for a draw
- 0 point for a lost